Vivaciously V

v for vendetta

V for Vendetta is another cinematic favorite of mine, and this poster brilliantly utilizes the main character, V, and his famous speech in a visually appealing way. The large V takes up most of the space on the page, because V’s vibrant character is the main player in the movie. Because his speech uses words that start with V to emphasize the creativity of V’s character, this visual is stunning in its use of the starting V as the main V for all of the words in his speech. The red and black color scheme are his standard colors, for darkness and blood, but it allows for a pop of color against the dark black and white contrast. Also, the letter V is very balancing and captures the eye wonderfully.

One thought on “Vivaciously V

1. I have never seen this movie, but now I want to. A speech that has everything that starts with “V”? That’s absurb. What I particularly love about this is that an acrostic is typically a childish, fun thing to do, while this does a great job of turning the acrostic into something intense and serious.