I like the design of this poster because it is straightforward and to the point. There is no elaborate typography or coloring to convey a message. Instead, the designer of this poster decided to use basic images to convey the message that reading is fun and makes children use their imaginations. Therefore, parents should encourage their children to read more.

I think this poster in particular drives home the point that graphic design doesn’t always have to consist of elaborate typography with gradient coloring and fantastic pictures. Sometimes the simpler the design is, the better and more effective it is. I don’t feel that here’s any need for improvement with this poster because it hits the nail on the head upon first glance – reading is fun; reading is engaging; kids should read more. The design and the message are so clear that children and adults alike can understand it.

One thought on “

1. I really like this poster. The use of simply black and white draws the viewer in to the actual point of the poster, there’s no distraction of color or other meanings to interpret. I agree with your analyses that with a simpler design, sometimes the more effective it is. I also like the before and after effect of kids and then kids when they read. It’s a cute ad that gives viewers an incentive to read.