Red Hot Chili Peppers

I loved this piece of typographic art because I feel that it very accurately portrays the entire attitude of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Chili Peppers are my favorite band, and I’ve listened to literally all of their songs over the years. The artist’s typeface is firm and confident, and the band has always been known for their incredible energy and stage presence. Additionally, the words are chaotic and mashed together, which represents the awesome, crazy attitude of all the band members. The picture is of the bass player, Flea, who is by far the wildest out of all the members. Lastly, the words spelled out are all song lyrics and names.

One thought on “Red Hot Chili Peppers

1. This is a neat poster. I am also a fan of RHCP and what validates the design of the poster is the care and the meaning that the band puts into the creation of their lyrics. It is difficult to identify the typeface or even the category of type because it is small and layered pretty thick. But the image is clear, as is the idea behind it. The different sizes of type behind the flea silhouette appear similar to the amps on a stereo. We can watch the music get louder in the same way as our eye follows the peaks of type across the poster.