Website photography

For the fashion website, it’s extremely important for them to use the photos to show the beauty of the products and attract customer’s attention. Particularly for the wedding dress, the website have to show the elegance and the beauty of the products and unconsciously connect the product to the happiness of love and marriage.

For the famous Vera Wang wedding dress, the website highly rely on the photography. On the front page, they only apply one big photo, applying beautiful photography. The bride will easily attract customers for she is the only one person in the photo and she is very bright. The photo also clearly shows the look of the wedding dress especially the unique design on collar and layered cuts of the leg opening. The customers can see the good quality of the products as well. All the background image make the bride and the wedding dress stand out easily. Customers interested in wedding photo will addict to nothing but just the wedding dress for its beauty and elegance.

屏幕快照 2013-10-18 下午11.05.09

3 thoughts on “Website photography

1. I think this photo was the perfect picture to put on the home page. The photo uses the rule of thirds, which makes the model wearing the product the main focus of the photograph. The green and dark background also makes the model and more importantly the dress stand out. The lighting of the photo makes the scene look somewhat whimsical and dreamy, which I think is appropriate for the product. I also think the color principle of gestalt was used effectively on the site, both the dress and the type are white and the of the rest of the site is dark.

2. This is definitely an extraordinary photo. The dress they’ve chosen to display is absolutely gorgeous and makes me want to purchase a Vera wedding gown. However, the background to the image wouldn’t be my first choice. Although it is exotic and looks lovely, it doesn’t really get me in the mood to buy a dress or think about a wedding. It’s a bit dark for my taste.

3. This is a beautiful photograph. The contrast between the white dress and the dark green background is very appealing and really makes the dress stand out. Because of the simplicity yet originally of the photo the viewer immediately understands that Vera Wang is an elegant and timeless brand that is also innovative.